RPManager's extensive feature list is the result of
being developed in a production environment, and has a production-user-driven
- Interactive and Integrated Pass Management
system - single click restoration of complete pass setup.
- Unlimited Render Output
setups (passes) per 3dsmax scene:
Each pass supports individual
· Output Path, Frame Range, Resolution, Options, etc.
· Camera Assignment
· Multipass Camera Effect settings
· Renderer Parameters (including
3rd party renderers)
· Network submission priorities
· Render Effects
· Background Color, Background Map and enabled state, Ambient
· Network Submission Priorities
- Visibility Set System - build and manage object
visibility sets for use with RPManager, assigned on a per pass
basis, with tools for quickly adding/removing/redefining visibility
sets. Objects can be members of multiple sets.
- Object properties per
pass, includes Capture Sets with Material Override per pass. Properties
include all standard object/light/camera properties ie material,
visible to camera, light multiplier, etc (82 default properties
supported). as well as support for 3rd party object properties
if maxscript access exists. Ability to enter manual properties
to support advanced features like Custom Attribute values per
pass (value and color supported - baseobject custom attributes).
- Render Parameter Warning System - Configurable,
missing output path, duplicate output path, unusual frame ranges
(Nth frame, single frames, <5 frames, skip existing on), mixed
frame ranges, non-black or almost black background, animated background/ambient
color, mixed output sizes, Visibility Set assignment potential
problems, pass suspended, among others.
- 3rd-Party Renderer support
- tested and has specific support for Brazil, Vray, MentalRay
and FinalRender Stage1. Other renderers should work fine, but
with no custom RPM renderer rollout (uses the main max render
dialog for parameter editing).
- 3rd-Party Renderer,
multiple pass parameter editing - where MXS access is available,
this is a custom rollout exposing a number of the renderer's parameters
to allow editing multiple passes renderer parameters simultaneously.
Parameters not in this rollout can be edited in the standard rendering
dialog on a pass by pass basis
- Before/After pass scripts - to take care of
any custom or special parameters on a per-pass basis, or to perform
any scripted function.
- Xrefs Scene settings per pass - includes material
override for xref scenes and alternate paths per pass. Material
override has proved to be extremely useful in production.
- Xrefs Scene Deferred Loading - xrefs are disabled
in the working scene to speed opening and interactivity, and are
enabled only by the netrendering server when the scene is opened
to render, so the user need never wait for heavy xrefs to load.
- Preview override system
for efficient preview renders with select rendering options disabled,
ie camera multipass effect off, lower resolution frame,
advanced lighting off, shadows off, AntiAliasing off, (optional)
visual indicator of preview mode rendered in the image. Overrides
for 3rd Party Renderers such as Brazil and Vray include GI disable,
reduced GI rate, DOF disable, motionblur disable, AA rate, shadows
disable, among others. Network or local render output can optionally
use these settings for rendering preview sequences.
- Preview History: user
configurable number of history items (rendered preview frames)
and location for preview history. Preview frames can include optional
info stamp - scene name, time/date, render time.
· Render Elements Per Pass. The full RE setup
is stored and restored, and can be saved/restored
for reusing setups. Includes a render element output path inspector.
WHERE SUPPORTED BY RENDERER.
If the renderer you are using does not support render elements,
then RPM cannot make this available.
· Streamlined network submission of all passes - can
be a single click for all passes.
· Auto Output Path generation with customisable output path
· Optionally sets active time range to the passes output
frame range for improved visual feedback.
· Output path inspector for viewing all output paths simultaneously,
and editing of paths.
· RLA/RPF channels and output parameters storing/restoring
per pass (recompiled rla.bmi, R5)
· Viewport/Render Scene Parameters restoration independant
for streamlined workflow.
· External Ascii Data for editing output and some scene parameters
external to 3dsmax and your scene, can be auto loaded on scene open.
· Network Manager controls for submitting to selected servers
on a per pass basis, custom local server groups and the ability
to import and use the Managers Global Groups.
· Scanline Radiosity setup per pass (ie lighttracer or radiosity
state and settings)
· Default Raytracer settings per pass.
· Global Notes/Notes per pass for recording and describing
setup - auto creation time stamped.
· Interface driven by tab system which allows multiple tab
selections, tab presets, tab preset management tools, and the abiliity
to lock the tab selection.
· Export/Import partial setup parameters (common parameters,
pass names, render effects/atmospherics, some renderer parameters)
· Ramplay a rendered sequence or view current times rendered
frame from an easily accessible RC menu.
· Basic integration with Iridas
FrameCycler for loading rendered sequences from a RC menu.
· Copy rendered frames to a specified directory from within
the interface, or easily 'Explore' the directory containing your
frames from a RC menu saving directory navigation time.
· Always warns if non-full frame rendering is specified on
render submit - region, selected etc - avoiding incorrect rendered
· Auto creation of directories as needed when paths manually
typed in rather than using the image browser.
· Callback Script control to automatically add callbacks
to network submissions on a per pass basis
- ie to do operations that only needs to be performed before a render
by the render slave, such as having high resolution xref scenes
swapped into the scene.
· Network Managers per pass, with stored list of managers
for quick retrieval for studios with multiple or moving managers.
· Automatically build Digital Fusion/Combustion/AfterEffects
'seed' flows based on your passes.
· Quick Compositor for previewing your passes composited
together and save time jumping from app to app.
· Integration with max Layers - use them as visibility or
· Tabbed interface which allows multiple
tabs to be selected an once, tab selection presets can be saved.
See the Screenshots
section for some examples of RPManager in use.
for a list of RPManagerLite